KiddiesSigns.com Banner

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hey- We're Pregnant!!!!


I read on my friend Valeri's blog that no one was really as excited about her LID as she was and that it was really depressing. This is so true. Unless you are adopting, you really don't understand the significance of the LID. The LID is the date that allows you to know when your referral (stork) is on it's way. Our LID is 2/27...no this is not when we are going to China to get Mia - as many people have asked. It is 2/27/2006 not 2007. This is the date that we were logged in. China goes by LID's to sift through the paperwork. They process the dossier's by LID's . Right now they are working on dossiers they received with a LID in June 2005. So when 2/27 comes around that is when we will receive our referral.

So.....WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! Right now the wait is about 12 months. We have already been waiting 2 months so we have about 8-10 left. WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!! Do you understand what that means?????

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!! You just won't see my stomach growing, I won't have morning sickness, I won't be retaining water and getting big ankles before we go to China, You won't be able to feel the baby kick, We won't hear her heartbeat before we go to China (even though our hearts are already connected), We are pretty sure she will be a girl!, We don't know when our due date is (we are leaving that up to destiny), but we do know: she will have hair as black as night and eyes the shape of almonds, and the most beautiful smile that will melt your heart with one little grin. She will be the miracle that we have been waiting years to see and we will fall deeply in love with her before we even meet.

I found the poem below and just thought it brought across this idea beautifully:

The Expectant Mother

I sit in your room staring at the clutter that soon will be organized for your arrival. I wonder if you will like the color on the wall or the special stuffed animal that I have chosen for you.Will you find peace in this room when it is time to lay your head down? Or will you cry out in disapproval?

I close my eyes and my mind drifts away where I envision the canvas of your face. You have a twinkle in your eye that will certainly melt my heart. And a smile that fills the room with sunshine on the cloudiest of days.

As I rock back and forth I imagine the feel of your wispy hair as it tickles my chin. Our heartbeats intertwined in a mother child symphony. Just the thought of it makes my heart beat a little faster.

My hand glides over my flat vacant belly. There is no longer a need to fill my empty womb. It is my heart that is full and ready to deliver my love to you.As I continue rocking, the images bring a smile to my face. But for now I can only patiently wait.

Lori Haug


Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, that you grew not under my heart, but in it.

6 comments:

Joannah said...

I got chills when I read this post. You're right - no one else really gets it if they haven't had the experience themselves. No matter... This is a wonderful and 'expectant' time for you and your husband. Enjoy every moment! It's your turn!

Valeri said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. It was a real comfort reading your blog today. :)

Polar Bear said...

Your post is beautiful.

You are right, unless you have been through, or are going through the process you don't really get it. I wanted people to be as excited as I was. I am learning that our joy is unique and very special. Add to that all of the wonderful people I am getting to know makes this time so very special.

Thank you for bringing out such a warm feeling.

Stacy

Shannon said...

May I say that you and your blog look damn good pregnant! There is a definite glow happening! =)

Sandra said...

Hey, I was going to say what Shannon commented above - you look great pregnant!!

BTW - I love all the clip art and graphics you post. Do you have a favorite source where you find them?

Todd said...

You know what, I have really been there, now that we are back from China people read the blog daily. You know what since my wife and I cannot have children I will just assume that adopting is way more fun and having an adoption blog is the way to go.

Before we left hardly anyone cared what I had to say. The only issue I have now is that no one really comments so I don't know if I am doing a good job or not.