KiddiesSigns.com Banner

Sunday, March 04, 2007

What'd we do last night?

Went to the Big 12 Wrestling Championship. Even though we are a Big Ten family (Iowa Hawkeyes in particiular!!) The Big 12 meet was close so we decided to go and root on Iowa State. Well, actually we were rooting for anyone but Missouri to win. LOL. It was pretty good. Iowa State won the whole thing. Missouri ended up taking second but it was close between Missouri and Oklahoma State.

Not much else going on here. Pretty boring on the adoption front. I have no idea what to think. Every day I wonder if she has been born yet or is still waiting to be born. I think about her birthmother and father. I wonder what they are like. Are they married? Does my little girl have siblings? Probably so. Where is she in China? What are her first few days like? Did her mother leave her a note or other token when she left her? Who will find my baby after her mother leaves her? Where will she be taken? What orphanage will she be in? Who will take care of her at the orphanage? Will she be hungry? Will she have toys? Will her needs be met? Will she be well cared for? All these questions run through my head. I can only hope that someone from above watches over her until we can hold her in our arms.


Until Forever
This morning in China a mother cries
She’ll never forget her daughter’s eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
The tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave her there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear
She hopes her daughter will one day know
True love can be found in letting her go.
This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill her eyes
Her mother has left her in this public place
Another lost daughter of the Chinese race.
Someone passing by has heard her soft moan
She’s soon quickly taken to a foster home
It’s here she’ll reside in the care of another
Until she’s adopted by a brand new mother.
That very same moment, in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a daughter she thinks the world of.
“Dear Jesus I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard her in China ‘till I make my way
And then in my arms forever she’ll stay.”
~Tom Fisher

3 comments:

Ron said...

Wow, I've never been to a "real" wrestling match.

Steffie B. said...

I'd say she's born.... ;) Hang in there!

Lisa said...

Wow I love the poem. Brought tears to my eyes.

Lisa