KiddiesSigns.com Banner

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TRAINING IN PROGRESS


CCAA Update!!!! - STORK ALERT!!!!

The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before September 30, 2005.

The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before June 6, 2005.

So the next batch of referrals is on the way - through June 6th. (Better than half of May 31st which was rumored!
**********************************
Awwwe. You all are too kind. Thanks for all your comments on yesterday's post. My cousin and best friend in the world sent me this poem through email:
THE SUN BEGAN TO SHINE
I was walking a lonely path,
Clouds filled all the sky,
Nothing there except life’s wrath,
All I could say is ‘why’
Lost and alone, all felt amiss,
Love and beauty seemed to resist,
No one there to soothe my soul,
No one there my hand to hold.
Then came a spark into my sight,
Rays broke through strong and bright,
Beauty revealed, colors so fine,
When the Sun began to shine.
Now each morn, I have a choice,
And find within, my power, my voice,
Open up my heart and my mind,
To let the sun begin to shine.

by Michael Dale Murphy, 2005
******************************************

My day did get much better yesterday. I went home and Brian called me and said he was going to pick up something for dinner and asked what I wanted. They are opening a Colton's here and he saw that there was a banner across the restaurant that said "TRAINING IN PROGRESS." Ok. If you ever see this banner on a new restaurant....drop EVERYTHING and go and eat!!! They don't charge you for your meal while they are training!!!!! It is the best thing EVER!!! Just walk up to the doors like you know what you are doing. I think it is really supposed to be for family and friends of the employees, but they don't ask at all... At the end the waitress brings you the bill and says "We have to go through the motions of giving you the bill, but remember that this meal is complimentary!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! We ate $57.00 worth of food for FREEEEEEE!!!!! We did leave her a substantial tip though!

It is still gloomy and cloudy here today but last night's dinner (and your kind comments) seemed to make it a little better!! It is so good to know that we are not the only ones going through this treacherous journey to our angel! The road to all things glorious is always uphill!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just noticed that you have linked me to your BLOG and saw that you listed us as "Next in Line". What a nice pick me up that was....brought a lump to my throat. We are LID 6/29 and it seems it will never get here.

I love your blue ladybug and may just have to use that one day! LOL

Hang in there.... don't let this lack of an LID bring you down... you will have many ups and downs on this amazing journey and if you start it out gloomy, it will only make things harder when the unexpected bumps come along. Hang in there.... we will all get through this! : )

Lisa :)