Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thank you

I have received several emails and comments about my last Friday post. I wanted to take the time to thank everyone for your kind words. This wait definitely takes it toll on your emotions and mine are very raw at the moment. I wanted to share with you an email I received. I did not tell this person I was going to share her email, as it just occurred to me, but this email really touched my heart and meant the world to me at this time when I am feeling like this wait will never end. I have met so many wonderful and supportive people, who are also adopting, through this blog and my online groups. I cannot begin to express to all of you how much you mean to me. I felt like I have known some of you forever. I am so glad that my daughter will have sisters and brothers all over the country (and world) from the friends I have met here.

Thank you again to this person. You are truly special.

I am so sorry for the way you are feeling. I know exactly what you are going through. While I was desperately trying to become pregnant my sister had two children, my brother had two children and it seemed like all my friends were getting pregnant. I cried and was dying on the inside. I was very angry at everything and everybody but pretended to be alright. The truth is, it hurt like hell. But through all the hurt and all the tears, I now am happier than I have ever been in my entire life. Our wait was only 9 1/2 months from LID but it was worth every single day now that I can look back. If my referral had came when expected, we would not have received the same child -she would have only been 4 months old. I know she was supposed to be with us-she is perfect for our family. I look back now and realize that if I had gotten pregnant easily like everyone around me then I would have missed out on the best thing in my life. I probably would not have considered adoption. I was changed the day I got my baby-I look at life in a new light. I can't wait to adopt the next baby and then another one. I wouldn't change one single thing. I now am so thankful for my infertility and all my suffering because it taught me so much and it gave me the most beautiful gift ever- my *daughter*. You will have many bad days but you will get through them - the minute you see your baby for the first time, I promise you will forget all about all the heartache. Keep on bloggin, shopping, scrapbooking, whatever it takes-you'll soon be there. Meantime I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Doris & Dan Clark said...

What a great way to look at things. Perspective...it can really make things clear.

Hope you are feeling cheerier!

Keep smilin!

Kathy and Joel said...

I am in awe of the love and support of our little blogging circle here and I cannot imagine what this journey would have been like had I not come to realize it. I am so glad that you are feeling a little better and that you know how supported you are.

Lee-Anne said...

What an awesome email.

Had to tell you, my hubs is in the security industry too... but your hub couldn't possibly as paranoid as mine!!!