KiddiesSigns.com Banner

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Eight Belles

I used to love to watch horse races. I'm not a big horse racing fan. But when the Kentucky Derby comes I love to watch it. Mostly because of the heartfelt stories they share in the hours leading up to the race. They practically make you fall in love with the owners, trainers, jockeys and horses.

Last year I watched tearfully as Barbaro broke his leg and couldn't wait to hear how his "therapy" was coming along. I cried when I heard that they had to put him down. The documentary on Barbaro before the race last weekend made me cry again. I don't even know this horse, the owners, no one! But what a tragedy!

Then last weekend, it was Eight Belles. Two broken front legs. This just tears me up. Euthanized on the track.

I can't watch any more. It is too heartbreaking.

No comments: