KiddiesSigns.com Banner

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beginner-Bento

I saw this stuff on a few people's blogs so I decided to try it out. Because this wait is so long I get really bored and have nothing else to do with my free time but find 80 different hobbies to try out! LOL
You can check out the gallery of Bento fun for kids on the Salsa in China site HERE. I haven't gotten that creative because I am just creating mine for DH and I. And I don't think he would appreciate me creating Octo-Dogs or flower-shaped cucumbers for his lunch in an office of all manlymen. LOL

So anyway, I don't have an actual Bento Box yet but there are some really cool stuff to make Bento meals for your kids HERE. I just went to Wal-Mart and picked up a divided tupperware container about the size of a bento box (ok it is a little bigger than a bento box) but my DH has claimed that container so today I was forced to just take a regular square rubbermade container. Anyway, the idea is to take healthy foods and portion control what we eat. And doesn't the food look colorful and fun?

Here is what is in them.
Picture 1: Ham/cheese/lettuce sandwich, sugar snap peas, strawberries, grapes, cheese cubes (in a silicone muffin holder)
Picture 2: bologna/cheese sandwich cut in half, cheese cubes, grape tomatoes, strawberries, green pepper slices cut in half, an apricot, and grapes.
Picture 3: leftover rice and shish-ka-bob fixings (onion, mushroom, sirloin, pineapple), strawberries, cheese cubes, sugar snap peas



No comments: